Pilot LEGACY Scale 4-12-2 Steam Locomotive
6-11341 | Price: $1,299.99
Pilot Locomotives - Undecorated Beauties
Produced in limited numbers, Lionel “pilot” engines are finalized with no decoration applied. It’s a unique way to appreciate the fine form of your favorite engine, examine it’s many separately-applied realistic details, and to elevate your locomotive to true collector’s status.
A special clear coating is applied to the metal on these fully operable, undecorated engines to protect them for years to come.
The Union Pacific giant 4-12-2
The three-cylinder 4-12-2 design used a pair of conventional cylinders that powered the third driving axle while an additional cylinder, mounted in the locomotive frame, drove the second axle. True to the prototype, the Lionel 4-12-2 includes detailed Gresley valve gear in front of the third cylinder and an operational, reciprocating third drive rod in the locomotive frame.
Almost 90 locomotives of this type were built by ALCo by 1930. Of these enormous locomotives, the #9000 is preserved in Pomona, California.
- LEGACY Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Realistic Whistle Steam smoke effects
- Odyssey II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
-Crewtalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
-Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
-DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
-LEGACY Real-Time 'Quilling Whistle' control with instant response for realistic signature 'quilling' and correctly timed warning signals
-Single hit or continuous bell sounds
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Marker lights on tender
- Lighted number boards
- Traction tires
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Flickering firebox
- Variable ashpan glow
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer and fireman figures
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length: 29”
Minimum Curve: O-72
Lionel 2013 Fall Catalog