New York City Transit Authority R27 Subway
6-31751 | Price: $699.99
Lionel is proud to offer the New York City Transit Authority R27 Subway Cars. Coupled in semi-permanent married pairs, these cars entered service in 1960 and often traveled to Manhattan through the tunnel, as indicated by the QT designation on the sign board. The R-27 cars were intially dressed in a kale green baked enamel finish, and they served New York City until the early 1990s.
Featuring the Legacy System–the next generation in TrainMaster Command Control–the R-27 has opening doors and authentic subway sounds. Listen for the operator announcing the subway stop near the former Lionel office in Manhattan. The cars also feature prototypical markings and signage for service in the early 1960s. An additional 2-Pack is available to create a longer train.
- Two pairs, one powered unit
- Lionel LEGACY Control System equipped—able to run in Command Control Mode or in Conventional Transformer Control Mode
- RailSounds 5.0 sound system with CrewTalk dialog, TowerCom announcements, and many more effects digitally recorded from an actual subway
- LEGACY Speed Control with ON/OFF switch
- Close coupling system allows near-prototypical distance between the cars
- Passenger car doors open by remote control
- Authentically detailed interiors with passenger figures
- Interior lighting in all cars
- Directional lighting including prototypical marker lights
- Lighted sign boards
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
- All new die-cast metal trucks
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length: 4-Car Set: Approx. 60"
Single car: Approx. 15"
RailLine: NYC Transit
Minimum Curve: O-72
Lionel 2007 Train Catalog Volume 1