Lionel VISION Line
30k Gallon Ethanol Tank
Close your eyes and you’ll swear you’re hearing a real freight train pass by
In the last decade, growing public and government support
for Ethanol as an alternative fuel source has created the
need for an expanded fleet of modern tank cars to haul
millions of gallons of Ethanol from the corn-belt Midwest to
high-consumption areas across the country.
The most common tank car used for ethanol transportation
today is the AAR-classified “T108” model. This nonpressurized,
modern tank car has an impressive capacity
of 30,000 gallons and is nearly 60’ in length. The ethanol is
filled through a fueling hatch and emptied quickly though
a bottom drain after it is transported. While primarily used
to haul ethanol, these tank cars are also used to transport
chemical solvents, beverage grade alcohol, and gasoline. As
demand for ethanol increases, 30,000-gallon tank cars are
increasingly seen in long unit trains, some nearly a hundred
tank cars in length!
Ethanol Tank Car with FreightSounds
Lionel kicks off its Vision rolling stock collection with an
all-new 1:48th scale version of the modern 30,000-gallon
ethanol tank car. Designed to accompany our Vision Genset
Switcher and the General Electric Hybrid locomotives, these
tank cars are dressed accurately in off-white and bear the
colorful “Eco-Energy” logo.
Why are these Vision items?
High-End Metal Details
That’s not all. To enable you to run a realistic, multi-car
consist, Lionel also offers a non-Vision version of these
handsome tank cars with the same high-end metal
details, but without Sound or ElectroCoupler features.
- Separately applied end sills, railings, and ladders
- Fueling hatch on the platform roof opens and closes
- Wheels come equipped with modern rotating bearing caps
- Platform features etched metal walkways
State-of-the-Art Sound Features
- VISION tank cars come equipped with Baby FatBoy
speakers in two out of the three cars in the set
- Special Motion detectors work together to create a
revolutionary new FreightSounds realism to your train
experience. The motion detectors trigger braking,
scraping, and bumping sounds as the locomotive picks
up speed and slows down. For best effect, spread these
cars out among your train consist.
- One ElectroCoupler is present on each of the two
ALL ETHANOL TANK CARS FEATURE
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Hidden uncoupling tabs
- Rotating bearing caps
- Die-cast metal end sills
- Metal ladders, safety rails, steps, railings
- Metal platform with etched metal walkways
- Opening fueling hatch cover on roof platform
- Unique, non-consecutive road numbers on each tank car
- Minimum Curve: O-31
- Length: Single car approx. 15”
6-27410 VISIO N Ethanol Tank Car With FreightSounds
6-27411 Regular Ethanol Tank Car 3-Pack $209.99
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
This is replaced by the Flash content.
Place your alternate content here and users without the Flash plugin or with
tags. Include a link to bypass the detection if you wish.