Pennslvania 0-8-8-0 CC2 Steam Locomotive #8183
6-11154 | Price: $1,749.99
One of only ten of its kind built by Baldwin in 1919 for service on the pennsylvania railroad, this early mallet was the heavy-duty successor to the earlier, experimental CC1. This year, lionel brings it to market with the exquisite detailing and revolutionary features that make it truly “vision”-ary.
Weighing over 458,000 lbs, the hefty and powerful CC2s mallets were used for a variety of services including “working the hump” on yard duty and transfer runs. As with other compound engines, steam was first fed to the rear cylinders and then forced forward to the larger low pressure cylinders in the front.
The massive front cylinders on the CC2s were positioned unusually high, which insured adequate track clearance when the locomotive was in operation. While 0-8-8-0 engines were replaced over time by simple powered articulated steam engines, a number of these “big bruisers” continued to pull heavy transfer runs and service the hump yards through the 1940s.
- Unparalleled Detailing and Lighting Features!
- Lionel has never made a locomotive with this level of accurate body detail, interior cab realism, and as many separately applied parts:
- Upgraded realistic coupling and hose details between locomotive and tender
- Swing-out scale front coupler with interchangeable O gauge coupler for double-heading
- Hinged door on each side of the cab front swings open
- Opening roof hatch on cab
- Decorated cab interior with enhanced panel detail
- Cab window glass
- Enhanced realistic lighting in cab interior
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light
- Illuminated front classification lights on locomotive
- Illuminated rear marker lights on tender
- Illuminated number boards
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Variable ashpan glow
- New Steam and Smoke Features!
- Lionel introduces TruRail steam, a new CAB-controlled, variable-intensity steam and smoke effect. See all the features operators can simulate:
- Dramatic and realistic BLOW-DOWN effects
- New and accurate WHISTLE STEAM effects
- Fan-driven smoke unit with adjustable smoke output delivers varying intensity of smoke to main stack, blow-down valve, and whistle
- All steam effects are synchronized to the RailSounds sound system and are completely user controllable
- Upgraded Sound Features!
- The LEGACY RailSounds sound system synchronizes realistic sounds to nearly all aspects of locomotive operation, features, and effects. This product also includes a state-of-the-art FatBoy speaker for the ultimate in sound reproduction. Just look at how many ways you can enhance the sound experience:
- Control realistic sounds synchronized to TruRail Steam features including blow-down and whistle steam effects
- The independently adjustable volume control allows you to use the Remote Controller to lower the level of background effects (such as chuffing) while keeping operator controlled effects (such as the whistle) at full volume
- TruRail Dialog – Activate our upgraded dialog features which boasts the most authentic railroad terminology possible. Also, dialog scenarios can change with engine operation and user control
- TruRail Signals – Activate the "quilling" whistle and user playable bell featuring continuous or single strike sounds with variable intensity. There's a dedicated CAB-2 control for both whistle and bell functions
- TruRail Laboring – Control the variable laboring sounds with 32 levels of simulated dynamic load of the locomotive
- TruRail Chuff – Experience prototypical four-chuffs per revolution chuffing sound synchronized with linkage and drive wheel position
- And, of course, all the high-end features you've come to expect from Lionel!
- LEGACY Control System – You can run the engine in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey II Speed Control with ON/OFF switch High-torque motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- Traction tires
- Accurate separately-applied builder's plates
- Engineer and fireman figures
Road Number: 8183
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length: Approx 24"
Minimum Curve: O-54 / O-72 recommended
Lionel 2009 Volume II