Milwaukee Road LEGACY Scale 4-8-4 S-3 Northern #261
6-11229 | Price: $994.99
For the first time ever, the pride of the Milwaukee Road! All new tooling!
Preserving some of the fond memories of railroad steam trains, road number 261 stands proud and ready to roll.
This magnificent 4-8-4 Northern style locomotive and beautiful complimentary coal tender exude both the history of a unique railroad and pure steam power. Available in two road numbers, Lionel fully salutes the historical significance of this fan favorite.
Forged of ALCo iron in 1944 with its 74” drivers, the ‘261’ was a powerful presence in the Chicago and Minneapolis areas for more than a decade. Along with one other Milwaukee Road S3, the 261 was saved from being scrapped in 1954. It has been beautifully restored and operates today as an excursion train for all to enjoy!
Painstakingly painted and designed as tributes to the modern excursion train #261 and to the original Milwaukee Road #267, these highly respected heroes of the Midwest and Western lines are exquisitely proportioned and can now cruise right into your livery.
- ALL NEW TOOLING !
- LEGACY Control System equipped – able to run in Legacy Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- Realistic steam chest cylinder steam effects
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
-Crewtalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
-Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
-DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 15 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
-LEGACY Real-Time 'Quilling Whistle' control with instant response for realistic signature 'quilling' and correctly timed warning signals
-Single hit or continuous bell sound
-Realistic horn sounds
-Four chuffs per drive wheel revolution
- Dual Baby FatBoy speakers
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- NEW First Time Feature – Self-Adjust Drawbar keeps locomotive and tender closer in straight areas but automatically adjusts or expands for smoother curve operation
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Operating headlight and marker lights
- Directional lighting
- Cab light
- Mars light
- Variable ashpan glow
- Flickering firebox
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- External horn behind bell
- Detailed cab interior
- Prototypical separately applied metal details
- Traction tire
- Window glass
- Engineer/Fireman figures
- Realistic looking coal in tender
Road Number: 261
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length: 28”
RailLine: Milwaukee Road
Minimum Curve: O-54
Lionel 2011 Signature Edition
Product Instructional Videos
See more related videos