Pennsylvania Power & Light Conventional 2-Truck Shay Locomotive "B"
6-11234 | Price: $749.99
TWO-TRUCK SHAY LOCOMOTIVE
Realizing that conventional locomotives tore up the track even though they were lighter than the heavy log cars they pulled, Civil War veteran Ephraim Shay invented the geared locomotive and looked to the production capabilities of Lima Machine Works, which later became Lima Locomotive Works. Lima would go on to build 2,770 Shays, continually improving the design, including this famed two-truck version.
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit
- Conventional RailSounds sound system
- Realistic separately applied coal load
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, and pilot
- Select separately applied details
- Front and rear magnetic couplers
- Traction tires
- Volume control located under removable coal bunker
- Operating headlight
- Opening cab roof hatch
- Engineer figure
Road Number: "B"
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length: 13 1⁄2”
RailLine: Pennsylvania Power & Light
Minimum Curve: O-36
Lionel 2011 Signature Edition