New York City Transit Authority R30 Subway Set
6-31794 | Price: $799.99
Lionel scale subway cars are back again in all new class and paint scheme! Class R30 subway cars dressed in vibrant red.
Entering service in 1961, R30 subway cars operated mainly in the Eastern Division of the New York City Transit Authority line. The last of them were retired in 1993 after thirty solid years of service. Dressed originally in Kale green, the R30’s were repainted red in the late 1960’s. A common route for the R30 class was on the designated QJ line which included travel between Queens’ 168th Street and Coney Island.
Featuring the Legacy Control System, Lionel’s R30 subway cars have opening doors and authentic subway sounds. Listen for the operator announcing true-to-life stops along the route. They also feature a wealth of realistic detail, decoration, and lighting features both inside the cars and out.
- Set Includes
- Two "married" pairs, including one powered unit and three non-powered units
- LEGACY Control System equipped—able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with standard transformer
- LEGACY RailSounds sound system featuring:
-CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements
-Sounds and effects digitally recorded from actual subway
-Legacy "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling"
- Odyssey II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- Passenger car doors open by remote control
- Authentically detailed interiors
- Directional lighting including prototypical marker lights
- Lighted destination and route boards on front and sides
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
- Die-cast metal trucks
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Set Length: 60”
RailLine: NYC Transit
Minimum Curve: O-36
Lionel 2009 Volume II