ALASKA 2-8-2 MIKADO JR #701
6-38643 | Price: $279.99
First used on the Nippon Railway in Japan in 1897, the 2-8-2 class steam locomotive was nicknamed “Mikado”, meaning “emperor” in Japanese. Gaining popularity in the United States before WWI, numerous 2-8-2 locos thundered across American high iron.
New for 2008 are Mikado locomo-tives featuring the RailSounds sound system. The Texas & Pacific Mikado is TMCC-equipped, and the Alaska Railroad Mikado operates with any standard transformer. Handsome blue and yellow passenger cars are also available in the Alaska livery.
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
- Conventional RailSounds sound system with synchronized chuffing, crew announcement, brake squeal, steam whistle, and bell
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Operating headlight
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, and trucks
- Operating coupler on rear of tender
- Traction tires
- Puffing smoke unit
- Engineer and fireman figures
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
Road Number: 701
Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
Dimensions: Length: 19"
Minimum Curve: O-27
Lionel Signature Catalog 2009