TEXAS & PACIFIC 2-8-2 MIKADO JR #810 W/ TMCC
6-38644 | Price: $399.99
First used on the Nippon Railway in Japan in 1897, the 2-8-2 class steam locomotive was nicknamed “Mikado”, meaning “emperor” in Japanese. Gaining popularity in the United States before WWI, numerous 2-8-2 locos thundered across American high iron.
For 2008, Lionel offers two Mikados that feature the RailSounds sound system. The Texas & Pacific Mikado is TMCC equipped, and the Alaska Railroad Mikado operates with any standard transformer.
- TrainMaster Command Control equipped—able to run in Command Control Mode or in Conventional Control Mode
- RailSounds sound system with CrewTalk communication, TowerCom announcements, and DynaChuff synchronized chuffing
- Operating headlight
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Traction tires
- Puffing smoke unit
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks with a metal frame
- Engineer and fireman figures
Road Number: 810
Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
Dimensions: Length: 19"
RailLine: Texas & Pacific
Minimum Curve: O-27
Lionel Signature Catalog 2009