Milwaukee Road 4-8-4 Northern #261
6-48064 | Price: $474.99
The classic 4-8-4 Northern locomotive returns to the American Flyer mainline under the Milwaukee road name. Milwaukee Road obtained Class S Northern units between 1929 and 1944 from Baldwin and Alco. While these locomotives were primarily intended for Milwaukee freight service, they were relied upon for passenger service as well. Using many of the original tooling dies, the 4-8-4 Northern is constructed almost entirely of die-cast metal. It has been upgraded to include the RailSounds sounds system, complete with whistle, bell, and synchronized chuffing features.
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral and reverse operation
- RailSounds sound system with steam sounds, synchronized chuffing, crew announcement, brake squeal, whistle, and bell
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Operating headlight
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, pilot, and trucks
- Traction tires
- Puffing smoke unit
- Die-cast metal tender body, frame, and trucks
Road Number: 261
Gauge: American Flyer/S Gauge
Dimensions: Length: 15 ¾"
RailLine: Milwaukee Road
Lionel Signature Catalog 2009