Pacific Fruit Express 57' Mechanical Refrigerator Car
6-48860 | Price: $79.99
1:64 Scale 57' Mechanical Refrigerator Cars Based on Actual Drawings
In the 1960’s, railroads’ aging ice reefers were replaced by fleets of modern Mechanical Refrigerator Cars. As manufacturers like Pacific Car & Foundry and Western Fruit Express developed more efficient ways to keep perishables fridge-fresh when transported by rail, these modern diesel-powered cars became a common and colorful sight on America’s rails.
Based on actual drawings from the mid-1960’s, the American Flyer 57’ modern reefer is designed with brake equipment positioned low on the ends, short side and end ladders, and no running board on the roof. A perfect compliment to the many American Flyer modern diesels and scale cylindrical hoppers.
- All-new 1:64 scale tooling
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Underbody mounted fuel reservoirs with fuel fill spout details
- Rotating bearing caps
- Sliding compartment door reveals diesel engine
- Scale wheelsets and traditional S-Gauge couplers
- Mounting holes for scale couplers
- Separately-applied body and underframe metal details
- Opening plug-style doors
- 70 ton roller bearing trucks with hi-rail wheels (6-49081) available separately
Gauge: S Scale
Dimensions: Length: Approx. 11"
RailLine: Pacific Fruit Express
Minimum Curve: S 36"
American Flyer 2014