Burlington Scale 50-ton Twin Hopper 3-Pack
6-81688 | Price: $219.99
50-Ton Twin Hoppers
The Pennsylvania Railroad built more than 30,000 GLA hoppers between 1904 and 1911. The Pennsylvania’s GLA design was also similar to other standard 50-ton, twin bay designs produced in 1905 and the later USRA standard hopper used by many roads.
Lionel is tooling this model with multiple detail sets to replicate the major differences between the Pennsylvania GLA, “1905 Common Design” and USRA standard hoppers as appropriate for each road name.
- All New Tooling!
- 1:48 scale
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks with operating couplers and hidden uncoupling tabs
- Durable plastic body with die-cast metal frame
- Accurately reproduced USRA-style Burlington specific details
- High level of separately applied detailed parts
- Road and era specific details including end sills, post, hand brakes, and hopper doors
- Frames feature Kadee® coupler mounting pads for easy conversion to scale couplers
- Opening hopper doors
- Removable coal load insert
- Detailed hopper interior
- Unique road number on each twin hopper
Road Number: 188010, 188042, 188005
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length 8"
Minimum Curve: O-31
Lionel 2015 Signature Catalog