Lionel VISION Line
The most finely detailed modern switcher in model railroading history
3GS21B Genset Switcher
The first railroad to pioneer the use of the Genset switcher, Union Pacific rolled out this environmentally-friendly motive power locomotive in 2007. Built by the National Railway Equipment Company, this engine emits 80% fewer pollutants into the air, uses far less fuel than similar switchers, and meets the government’s most stringent regulatory noise level requirements.
What allows this Genset Switcher to be so environmentally friendly is its ingenious construction. There are three separate 700-h.p. generator sets (or Gen-sets) underneath the loco hood, each towered by its own exhaust stack. These engines can operate independently, in a pair, or all three at once depending on how much power the locomotive needs at any given time. They also utilize an ingenious “sleep time” technology: When idling, only one of three engines stays active, and when sitting for too long all three engines shut down automatically at a pre-programmed time. Each engine also restarts automatically during shutdowns to circulate coolants that protect the engines.
What earns this locomotive its place in the VISION Line?
Like our Vision steam engines, our Vision diesels come as close as any model diesel ever manufactured to replicating the rugged sounds, motions, and effects of their “real life” counterparts.
Simulated Three-Engine and “Sleep-Time” Technology!
Unparalleled Detailing and Lighting Features!
- Realistic sounds and smoke features simulate 3-engine operation
- The simulated “Sleep-Time” mode shuts down all idling engine sounds after a set period of inactivity–just like the real locomotive
The Union Pacific Genset Switcher offers enhanced interior cab realism, and an unprecedented level of body detailing and separately applied parts:
Enhanced Sound Features!
- Opening compartment doors reveal hidden details
- Superior level of realistic body detail and separately
applied metal parts
- Realistic open vents
- Opening and closing exhaust stack covers synchronized
with smoke exhaust output
- Smoke exhaust emanates from 1, 2, or 3 smoke stacks
depending on locomotive laboring and idling
- Decorated cab interior with enhanced panel detail
- Enhanced realistic lighting in cab interior
- Directional lighting including dual LED headlights on
front and rear
- Oscillating ditch lights on front
- Illuminated number boards
- Ground lights on sides
- Die-cast metal body
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
LEGACY RailSounds sound system synchronizes realistic sounds to nearly all aspects of locomotive operation, features, and effects. Just look at how many ways you can enhance the sound experience:
And all the high-end features you’ve come to expect from Lionel:
- Independently adjustable volume control allows you to use
the Remote Controller to lower the level of background
effects (such as RP M levels) while keeping operator
controlled effects (such as the horn) at full volume.
- Multi-levels of realistic engine sounds depending o
whether one, two, or three simulated Genset engines
are in use
- Eight diesel RP M levels
- TruRail Dialog – Activate our upgraded dialog features
which boasts the realistic dialog scenes and the most
authentic railroad terminology possible. Also, dialog
scenes can change with engine operation and user control
- TruRail Signals – Activate the “quilling” horn and user
playable bell featuring continuous or single strike sounds
with variable intensity. There’s a dedicated CAB-2 control
for both horn and bell functions.
Environmentally-friendly packaging6-28314 $799.99
- LEGACY Control System – You can run the engine in
LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control
mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey II Speed Control with ON/OFF switch
- High-torque motor with momentum flywheel
- Front and rear ElectroCouplers
- Traction tires
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Engineer and fireman figures
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
This is replaced by the Flash content.
Place your alternate content here and users without the Flash plugin or with
tags. Include a link to bypass the detection if you wish.