Lionel Collector's Club of America
Dear Lionel Railroader Club Member,
A few weeks ago, Lionel announced the exciting news that its Lionel Railroader Club (LRRC) will merge with the Lionel Collectors Club of America (LCCA) in September of this year.
The Lionel team is thrilled about this merger as LCCA is America's premier toy train club. The LCCA leadership does a tremendous job of supporting the Lionel brand and giving its members a robust club experience. We are more than confident that our current LRRC members will thoroughly enjoy belonging to LCCA and taking advantage of everything the new club has to offer.
As a new member of LCCA, you will have access to great benefits like:
- Model train publications "The Lion Roars" and "Interchange Track" mailed right to your door.
- Invitations to members-only trips, conferences and other club activities.
- Access to club exclusive product.
- Dedicated club website www.lionelcollectors.org
- Special pricing on Lionel Trains product.
- Dedicated LCCA social media channels.
As of September 1, 2014, all current LRRC members will become official members of LCCA.
What does that mean for you, specifically?
Please read the following information carefully as it details how the transition from LRRC to LCCA will work for the varying types of LRRC memberships.
- Annual LRRC Member: If you are currently a member of LRRC and NOT also a member of LCCA, you will be transitioned automatically to LCCA beginning September 1, 2014. Unlike LRRC, LCCA memberships renew at the end of each quarter. Depending on when your LRRC membership expires, you'll be contacted by LCCA directly to renew by the end of 2014.
- Multi-year LRRC Member: For those of you who have a multi-year membership in LRRC, the Lionel call center will reach out to you directly by the first of September to offer you a rebate for any membership beyond 12 months. For the current 12-month membership, please see Annual LRRC Member information above.
- Dual LRRC/LCCA Member: Those of you who currently have dual memberships in both LRRC and LCCA will have two options going forward. Dual members can choose to either receive a $1.67 per month check based on the number of months left starting September 1, 2014 in your LRRC membership or, to make things simpler, a $3.00 www.lionelstore.com credit.
By the end of 2014, regardless of your renewal month, all LRRC members will be contacted to choose between a Regular LCCA Membership ($35 annually) and an Electronic LCCA Membership ($25 annually). Regular Members will receive all LCCA publications mailed right to their door. Electronic Members will be able to access LCCA resources online.
During the renewal process, you will be provided with an LCCA renewal form to submit, recognizing that you will abide by the bylaws and rules of the LCCA. After applying and membership approval, you will have voting rights in the LCCA's national election.
If you choose not to continue as an LCCA member by January 1, 2015 (and we're confident you won't after you get a taste of the LCCA club experience) you will finish the remainder of your LRRC membership period as an Electronic Member of LCCA.
Also, to assist with the club merger, Lionel is sharing all of your LRRC membership information, except for your credit card data, with LCCA. If you have any questions, LCCA maintains a separate business office and will be happy to assist you at:
LCCA Business Office
P.O. Box 529
Peru, IL 61354-0529
Again, we are excited that the idea of "one Lionel train club" is now a reality, and we know you will thoroughly enjoy everything that LCCA has to offer. The Lionel team will continue to support LCCA and work hand-in-hand with its leadership to ensure that its members receive the best Lionel experience possible.
We sincerely appreciate your ongoing support of the Lionel brand and your patience during this transition period.
Here's to the future!
President of Lionel