A Special Note For Parents
The Collection and Use of Lionel Customer Information
Lionel only collects personal identifiable data, such as names, addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor in our Store. We advise minors to get parental permission before filling out any online forms. This information will be used in order to provide an enhanced, customized user experience.
- When you order from our Store, we need to know your name, email address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order.
- In some instances, when an email address has been provided by the visitor and the visitor is 18 or older and has indicated that he/she would like to receive communications from us, we will send notices to visitors, usually in the form of an email. These notices, sent periodically, will announce Web site upgrades, new product information and other similar updates.
Lionel Protection of Customer Information
When you place orders or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
Lionel may choose to sell, trade, or rent your personal information to other trustworthy third parties, but you can tell us not to by unchecking the opt-in checkbox when you initially register or log in to your account and uncheck the opt-in box within the My Account area.
Links To Other Web Sites
Lionel provides links to other areas of interest and relevance on its site. While Lionel does its best to ensure that the linked sites uphold the integrity and fairness to children that it strives for, we do recommend that children check with their parents before connecting to any new sites.
What you should know about cookies
First of all… what are cookies?
Next… what are the different cookie types we use?
The most important cookies are the required cookies. They are essential and help you to navigate on the website and to use basic features. Then there are functionality cookies that enable you to save your shopping bag, create a wish list and to save your shipping details for a quicker checkout. The performance cookies we use to improve our website. We also like to show you relevant offers. To manage this we collect browsing data. Interaction cookies are used for you to interact with social media or to submit reviews. Targeting cookies. These cookies capture your preferences in order to show you relevant ads outside Lionel sites. Below you see a more elaborate overview of the types of cookies we are using:
1. REQUIRED COOKIES are essential and help you navigate, move around on the website and see certain features. I.e. these cookies make sure your basket is saved during all the steps of your checkout process.
2. FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES are there so we can give you an even smoother customer experience. These cookies help you to save and remind you about your shopping bag and enable you to create a wish list.
3. PERFORMANCE COOKIES help us to understand shopping behavior of our visitors. This enables us to keep improving our website, so shopping becomes easier and more pleasant for you.
4. INTERACTION COOKIES are used for you to express your opinion. We love to know what you think about our product, our website and about us in general. These cookies will enable you to like or recommend us on social media and to chat with our service agents. But you can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products.
5. TARGETING COOKIES will remember your product and buying preferences. We believe advertising is all about relevance. These cookies enable us to share what you like with our advertisers. So if you are browsing on i.e. Google, the advertisement you see can be more relevant to your preferences.
Finally… what if you don’t like cookies?
You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. The ‘help’ section in your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how this works for your browser here:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Adobe (plug-in for flash cookies): http://www.adobe.com/security/flashplayer/articles/lso/