Chicago & Illinois Midland LEGACY Scale Heavy Mikado 2-8-2 Steam Locomotive #551
Newly-tooled Heavy Mikado boiler is Offered for the First Time
The USRA’s Heavy Mikado shared many features with the Light Mikado but offered a larger boiler and firebox and greater tractive effort. Fifteen railroads ordered over 950 Heavy Mikado’s built on USRA and non-USRA orders between 1918 and 1944.
Equipped with the realistic and popular Whistle Steam smoke effect!
- LEGACY RailSounds
- Wireless Tether
- LEGACY Control System
- Odyssey System II
- Smoke Unit
- SKU: 6-81187
- Dimensions: Length: 30"
- Gauge: O Gauge
- price: 1299.99
- year: 2014
- rail line: Chicago & Illinois Midland
- Minimum Radius: O-42 / O-54 Recommended
- Scale: Scale
- Catalog Year: 2014
- Road Number: 551
- <b>Legacy Control System</b> equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:- CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog- DynaChuff synchronized with 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed- LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds- Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive- Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- <b>Whistle Steam</b> smoke effect
- IR Sensor equipped
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCoupler</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Traction tire
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Synchronized fan driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Glowing firebox in cab
- Glowing ashpan
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer/Fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product