Clinchfield LEGACY 4-6-6-4 Challenger with Coal Tender #672
While a large number of Challengers found service out West, 4-6-6-4s had colorful careers in the East, too. In 1942, eight Challengers were initially ordered by Clinchfield, and after the war they received four additional units. The Clinchfield Railroad also purchased six final Challenger locomotives in 1947 that the D&RGW had rejected a few years earlier and sent back to the War Production Board. On the Clinchfield, the single stack ALCO-built Challengers were used to haul Appalachian coal until dieselizationforced them to the scrap yard in the early 1950s.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
Vision Challenger -12/10
Vision Challenger Soundboard Removal
Vision Challenger Soundboard Installation
- SKU: 6-11219
- Dimensions: Length: 32”
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 1824.99
- year: 0
- rail line: Clinchfield
- Minimum Radius: O-72
- Catalog Year: 2010
- Catalog Title: Lionel Signature Edition Volume One 2010
- Road Number: 672
- Authentic Detailing
- Swing-out scale front coupler with interchangeable, fixed O-Gauge coupler for double-heading
- Opening cab windows and roof vent
- Cab curtains and window glass
- Detailed and decorated cab interior
- Hinged cab deck
- Opening boiler front with authentic interior detail
- Authentic see-through boiler walkway
- Separately applied details including grab irons, piping, and valves
- Authentic smokestack interior detailing
- Prototypical dual smokestack
- Removable smoke deflectors – run your engine with or without "elephant ears"
- Opening roof hatches on tender
- Oil tender on U.P. Greyhounds
- Coal tender on black U.P. engines
- Lighting Features
- Enhanced realistic lighting in cab interior
- Directional lighting including operating locomotive headlight and tender back-up light
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Illuminated rear marker lights on tender
- Illuminated number boards
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Variable ashpan glow
- Four illuminated work lights under boiler with On/Off switch
- TruRail Steam and Smoke Features
- CAB controlled, variable intensity steam and smoke effects
- Accurate <b>WHISTLE STEAM</b> effects
- New realistic <b>DYNAMO STEAM</b> effects
- Fan-driven smoke unit with adjustable smoke output delivers varying intensity of smoke to main stack, whistle, and dynamo.
- Most steam effects are synchronized to the RailSounds sound system and are user controllable.
- Upgraded Sound Features!
- LEGACY RailSounds system - Control realistic sounds synchronized to TruRail Steam features including blowdown, whistle steam, turbine steam, and injector steam.
- Independently adjustable volume control allows you to use the Remote Controller to lower the level of background effects (such as chuffing) while keeping operator controlled effects (such as the whistle) at full volume.
- <b>DUAL SOUND</b> – With a sound system equipped in your locomotive as well as the tender, Dual Sound enhances sound realism and localizes a wide variety of authentic sound effects.
- <b>TruRail Dialog</b> – Activate upgraded dialog features which boast the most realistic dialogue scenes and authentic railroad terminology possible. Also, dialog scenes can change with engine operation and user control.
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialogue
- <b>TruRail Signals</b> – Activate the "quilling" whistle and user playable bell featuring continuous or single strike sounds with variable intensity. There's a dedicated CAB-2 control for both whistle and bell functions.
- <b>TruRail Laboring</b> – Control the variable laboring sounds with 32 levels of simulated dynamic load of the locomotive.
- <b>TruRail Articulated Chuffs</b> – Prototypical four-chuffs per drive wheel revolution for each engine, with the phase relation between the two engines slipping as operating conditions vary, or under user control.
- Other high-end features
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – run the in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- High-torque motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive
- and tender
- <b>ElectroCoupler</b> on rear of tender
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- Traction tires
- All twelve driving wheels powered
- Accurate separately-applied builders plates
- Engineer and fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product