Eco-Energy 30K Gallon Ethanol Tank Car 3-Pack
In the last decade, growing public and government support for Ethanol as an alternative fuel source has created the need for an expanded fleet of modern tank cars to haul millions of gallons of Ethanol from the corn-belt Midwest to high-consumption areas across the country.
The most common tank car used for ethanol transportation today is the AAR-classified “T108” model. This non-pressurized, modern tank car has an impressive capacity of 30,000 gallons and is nearly 60’ in length. The ethanol is filled through a fueling hatch and emptied quickly though a bottom drain after it is transported. While primarily used to haul ethanol, these tank cars are also used to transport chemical solvents, beverage grade alcohol, and gasoline. As demand for ethanol increases, 30,000-gallon tank cars are increasingly seen in long unit trains, some nearly a hundred tank cars in length!
- SKU: 6-27411
- Dimensions: Length: Single car approx. 15”
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 209.99
- year: 0
- rail line: Eco-Energy
- Minimum Radius: O-31
- Catalog Year: 2009
- Catalog Title: Lionel 2009 Volume II
- Road Number: None
- High-End Metal Details
- Separately applied end sills, railings, and ladders
- Fueling hatch on the platform roof opens and closes
- Wheels come equipped with modern rotating bearing caps
- Platform features etched metal walkways
- Ethanol Tank Cars Feature
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Hidden uncoupling tabs
- Rotating bearing caps
- Die-cast metal end sills
- Metal ladders, safety rails, steps, railings
- Metal platform with etched metal walkways
- Opening fueling hatch cover on roof platform
- Unique, non-consecutive road numbers on each tank car
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product