Eco-Energy 30K Gallon Ethanol Tank Car 3-Pack w/Freight Sounds
In the last decade, growing public and government support for Ethanol as an alternative fuel source has created the need for an expanded fleet of modern tank cars to haul millions of gallons of Ethanol from the corn-belt Midwest to high-consumption areas across the country.
The most common tank car used for ethanol transportation today is the AAR-classified “T108” model. This non-pressurized, modern tank car has an impressive capacity of 30,000 gallons and is nearly 60’ in length. The ethanol is filled through a fueling hatch and emptied quickly though a bottom drain after it is transported. While primarily used to haul ethanol, these tank cars are also used to transport chemical solvents, beverage grade alcohol, and gasoline. As demand for ethanol increases, 30,000-gallon tank cars are increasingly seen in long unit trains, some nearly a hundred tank cars in length!
Lionel kicks off its Vision rolling stock collection with an all-new 1:48th scale version of the modern 30,000-gallon ethanol tank car. Designed to accompany our Genset Switcher and the General Electric Hybrid locomotives, these tank cars are dressed accurately in off-white and bear the colorful “Eco-Energy” logo.
- TrainMaster Command Control
VISION ETHANOL 30K GAL TANK CARS W/ FREIGHT SOUNDS
- SKU: 6-27410
- Dimensions: Length: Single car approx. 15”
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 269.99
- year: 0
- rail line: Eco-Energy
- Minimum Radius: O-31
- Catalog Year: 2009
- Catalog Title: Lionel Signature Catalog 2009
- Road Number: None
- High-End Metal Details
- Separately applied end sills, railings, and ladders
- Fueling hatch on the platform roof opens and closes
- Wheels come equipped with modern rotating bearing caps
- Platform features etched metal walkways
- State-of-the-Art Sound Features
- VISION tank cars come equipped with Baby FatBoy speakers in two out of the three cars in the set
- Special Motion detectors work together to create a revolutionary new<b> FreightSounds</b> realism to your train experience. The motion detectors trigger braking, scraping, and bumping sounds as the locomotive picks up speed and slows down. For best effect, spread these cars out among your train consist.
- One ElectroCoupler is present on each of the two FreightSound cars
- Ethanol Tank Cars Feature
- Die-cast metal sprung trucks and operating couplers
- Hidden uncoupling tabs
- Rotating bearing caps
- Die-cast metal end sills
- Metal ladders, safety rails, steps, railings
- Metal platform with etched metal walkways
- Opening fueling hatch cover on roof platform
- Unique, non-consecutive road numbers on each tank car
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product