VISION NYC Hudson (Gunmetal Grey) #5331
6-11218 | Price: $1,599.99
Legendary 700E Scale Hudson
In 1937, Lionel unveiled what would become one of the most famous locomotives ever in model trains–the legendary 700E Scale Hudson. Based on the J1-e class of New York Central’s world-famous Hudson engines, the Lionel prewar model aimed for 1/48th scale, rivet-for-rivet perfection. The ultimate statement piece in trains, this
“aristocrat of models” instantly set the century-standard for engineering excellence and detailed realism that is as impressive today as it was over 70 years ago.
Our lofty goal today is the same as it was in the early days of Lionel–to create the most innovative, ground-breaking model trains in the world. To complete the circle of excellence begun in Lionel’s earliest days, we proudly present the Vision 700E Scale Hudson, equipped with some of the most sophisticated and innovative features ever offered in model trains. As a VISION Line locomotive, the legendary Lionel scale J1-e has been re-engineered to give you the most authentic, technically advanced Hudson ever made, with unprecedented operational realism and user control. Equipped with the Lionel LEGACY Control System, a full array of lighting options, smoke and steam effects, and other features are synchronized to the unequaled, ultra-realistic RailSounds sound system.
Using much of the tooling that built the first 700E, Lionel offers the new scale J1-e in the original #5344 number. The gunmetal grey color Vision Scale Hudson #5331 is inspired by another pre-war legend, the 763E.
- Authentic Detailing
- Prototypical swinging bell synchronized to bell sounds
- Swing-out scale front coupler with interchangeable, fixed O-Gauge coupler for double-heading
- Opening roof vent
- Cab window glass
- Opening boiler front with authentic interior detail
- Separately applied details including grab irons, piping, and valves
- Spoked drivers with metal rims
- Realistic coal load in tender
- Lighting Features
- Enhanced realistic lighting in cab interior
- Directional lighting including operating locomotive headlight and tender back-up light
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Variable ashpan glow
- TruRail Steam and Smoke Features
- Realistic WHISTLE STEAM effects
- Operating smoke from stack
- Fan-driven smoke unit with adjustable smoke output delivers varying intensity of smoke to main stack and whistle.
- Most steam effects are synchronized to the RailSounds sound system.
- LEGACY RailSounds system
- Synchronizes realistic sounds to nearly all aspects of locomotive operation, features, and effects.
- Two state of the art FatBoy speakers for the ultimate in sound reproduction.
- Realistic user-controlled sounds synchronized to TruRail Steam features including whistle steam
- Independently adjustable volume control allows you to use the Remote Controller to lower the level of background effects (such as chuffing) while keeping operator-controlled effects (such as the whistle) at full volume
- Bell sounds are synchronized to actual movement of swinging bell
- TruRail Dialog – Activate upgraded dialog features which boast the most realistic dialogue scenes and authentic railroad terminology possible.
- Dialog scenes can change with engine operation and user control.
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialogue
- TruRail Signals – Activate the "quilling" whistle and user playable bell featuring continuous or single strike sounds with variable intensity. There's a dedicated CAB-2 control for both whistle and bell functions.
- TruRail Laboring – Control the variable laboring sounds with 32 levels of simulated dynamic load of the locomotive.
- TruRail Chuff – Experience prototypical four-chuffs per revolution chuffing sound synchronized with linkage and drive wheel position.
- Other High-End Features
- LEGACY Control System equipped – can run the in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey II Speed Control with On/Off switch
- High-torque motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler on rear of tender
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- Traction tires
- Engineer and fireman figures
Road Number: 5331
Gauge: Standard O Scale
Dimensions: Length: 24 ¾”
RailLine: New York Central
Minimum Curve: O-42
Lionel Signature Edition Volume One 2010