Milwaukee Road LEGACY DD35A #1535
The Double Diesel
In 1963, the 5000 h.p., 88-foot DD 35 by GM’s Electro Motive Division was completed. This mammoth “double diesel” represented a significant turning point in railroading history as many railroads shifted out of the turbine era and committed more fully, to a modern age of diesel-electrics. Initially a demonstration train unit of two GP35 and two DD 35 engines toured the country on the rails, decorated in an eye-catching red and whitescheme.
Both Southern Pacific and Union Pacific purchased a number of the massive engines, and at Union Pacific’s request, EMD redesigned the engine as a DD 35A complete with a cab and a narrow nose atthe front.
Joining the prototypical Union Pacific DD 35A, new DD 35A roadnames are being offered now added to the roster, realistically decorated in“what-if” schemes which show off in spectacular fashion how classic railroad decoration might have looked on this special diesel.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
DD35A Diesel Locomotive - 10/11
DD35A Product Video
- SKU: 6-34650
- Dimensions: Length: Approx. 22”
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 599.99
- year: 2011
- rail line: Milwaukee Road
- Minimum Radius: O-42 /O-54 Recommended
- Catalog Year: 2011
- Catalog Title: Lionel 2011 Signature Edition
- Road Number: 1535
- <b>LEGACY Control System equipped</b> – able to run in Legacy Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring: -CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped-Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog -Eight diesel RPM levels-LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant quilling and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control mode with lower starting speeds
- Front and rear <b>ElectroCouplers</b>
- Traction tires
- Smokestack output from two separate stacks
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output in LEGACY Control or TMCC mode
- Directional lighting, including LED headlights and operating marker lights
- Illuminated number boards
- Illuminated cab interior
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Die-cast metal frame
- Separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product