Nacionales de Mexico LEGACY Baldwin Centipede Single A-Unit #6402
The massive Baldwin "Centipede" diesel locomotive now joins the Lionel VISION Line roster.
In the mid-1940s, Baldwin Locomotive Works created a behemoth two-unit diesel prototype, the DR-12-8-1500/2, generating orders from the Pennsylvania, Union Pacific (but never received), Seaboard Air Line, and NdeM railroads. To meet the needs of the bustling Postwar economy, the units went into production starting in 1945 and continuing through the first half of 1948.
Unfortunately, the locomotives were built one by one, introducing differences in wiring and construction that would later contribute to their demise. Nonetheless, the Centipedes take their place as some of the largest diesel locomotives ever produced—and the most distinctive, with their iconic Baldwin "baby face" appearance. At over 181 feet for an A-A pair, these lengthy locomotive sets generated 6,000 horsepower.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
- SKU: 6-34680
- Dimensions: Length: Approx 46"
- Gauge: O Gauge
- price: 1099.99
- year: 2012
- rail line: Nacionales de Mexico
- Minimum Radius: O72
- Scale: Scale
- Catalog Year: 2013
- Road Number: 6402
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b>– equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with ON/OFF switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring: - CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog- Eight diesel RPM levels- LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant quilling and correctly timed warning signals- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- IR Sensor equipped
- Front <b>ElectroCoupler</b>
- Two powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheel per unit
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control mode with lower starting speeds
- Traction tires
- Two fan-driven smoke
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional LED headlight
- Operating marker lights
- Illuminated number boards
- Die-cast metal body, trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Engineer and conductor figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product