Pennsylvania <em>Broadway Limited</em> 18" Aluminum 4-Pack
Pennsylvania Broadway LimitedWhen launched in 1912 the Broadway Limited name associated the train with the glamour of Manhattan's theater district, just a block from Penn Station. Soon, wanting to soften the New York image, the Pennsy began advertising the train in other cities as the “Broad Way Limited" claiming the name derived from the railroad's broad four-track right of way. That bit of marketing spin has stuck.
Either way, Broadway Limited became synonymous with speed, luxury and style, never more so than the decade from 1938 to 1948 when Raymond Loewy's streamlined tuscan and gold design decorated a new passenger fleet. Loewy's complementary K-4 locomotive debuted in bronze for the 1936 World's Fair, then was painted Brunswick Green for the Broadway Limited.
- SKU: 6-22433
- Dimensions: None
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 599.99
- year: 0
- rail line: Pennsylvania
- Minimum Radius: O-31
- Catalog Year: 2010
- Catalog Title: Lionel Signature Edition Volume One 2010
- Road Number: None
- #4001 Coach
- #4501 Diner
- <em>Imperial Park</em> Pullman
- <em>Metropolitan View</em> Observation
- Interior StreamLighting®
- Detailed Interiors with Passengers
- Vestibules w/Opening Doors
- Extruded Aluminum Car Body
- Metal Chassis w/Underside Details
- Metal Grab Rails
- 4-Wheel Die Cast Trucks w/Separate Springs
- Operating Die Cast Couplers
- Diaphragms Included
- 18" Cars - Swing Skirts for O-31 Operation
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product