Pennsylvania LEGACY S-2 Turbine Steam Locomotive #6200
Powered by a 6900 horsepower Westinghouse direct steam turbine engine, the Pennsylvania S-2 from the 1940’s was one of the first attempts at holding on to the age of steam. The constant torque of the rotary turbine eliminated the power loss found in the reciprocating parts of a conventional steam locomotive. Even though the massive 6-8-6 weighed almost one million pounds, the S-2 exceeded the performance of a 6000 horsepower diesel above forty miles per hour. Although it ran well on fast passenger and freight runs, monstrous fuel consumption at low speed and high maintenance costs brought an early retirement to Pennsy’s unorthodox experiment.
Lionel presents PRR #6200 equipped with deflectors and also without, as seen in original builder’s photos. Additionally, two locomotives, #671 and #682, are decorated to celebrate the turbine’s history with Lionel as a classic model.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
- SKU: 6-11416
- Dimensions: Length: 30"
- Gauge: O Gauge
- price: 1299.99
- year: 2013
- rail line: Pennsylvania
- Minimum Radius: O72
- Scale: Scale
- Power: Electric
- Catalog Year: 2013
- Road Number: 6200
- Engine: Steam
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:-CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped-Six official railroad speeds with Crew-Talk dialog-Turbine sounds synchronized with 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed-LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds-Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive-Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Sensor equipped
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheels
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCouplers</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Lighted number boards
- Traction tire
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer and Fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product