Pennsylvania TMCC Scale GG1 Green 5-Stripe #4876
Built to the highest level of detail with groundbreaking features, the Joshua Lionel Cowen Series provides painstakingly accurate models of historically important locomotives. The longest running mainline locomotive ever, the GG1 electric, served from the 1930s into the 1980s, outliving even its parent Pennsylvania Railroad. With its streamlined form refined by famed industrial designer Raymond Loewy, the GG1 became a timeless masterpiece, still looking as modern today as at its production debut in 1935.
True to the prototype, each scale-sized Joshua Lionel Cowen Series GG1 was designed from actual Pennsylvania or Penn Central drawings and diagrams. Each model features separately applied detail parts such as opening doors and accurate builder's plates. Penn Central #4901 even includes distinctive Farr air filters.
Primarily passenger power, even those GG1's pressed into part-time freight service kept their steam heat generators. To simulate prototypical operation, press a button on the CAB-1 Remote Controller and watch a plume of smoke erupt from the blow-off stack. Other first-time features debut in this latest top-of-the-line offering. Intricate metal pantographs deploy and retract automatically according to direction, with new RailSounds 5.0 effects synchronized to each operation. For customized control, a CAB-1 command can adjust the pantograph orientation, regardless of direction. Roof-mounted switches allow the conventional operator to also achieve any pantograph configuration along with the appropriate sounds.
Complete your all-new GG1 with a Standard O Penn Central Bay Window Caboose or The Trail Blazer 18" Aluminum Passenger Cars.
- Odyssey System
- Smoke Unit
- TrainMaster Command Control
Scale GG-1 Electric- 3/05
- SKU: 6-18355
- Dimensions: Length: 20"
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 899.99
- year: 2004
- rail line: Pennsylvania
- Minimum Radius: O-72
- Catalog Year: 2005
- Catalog Title: Classic Trains Vol. 1 2005
- Road Number: 4876
- Produced from all-new tooling
- TrainMaster Command Control equipped—able to run in Command Control Mode or in Conventional Transformer Control Mode
- Odyssey System for speed control with ON/OFF switch
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds and improved Odyssey System controls
- ALL-NEW Operating pantographs deploy and retract according to direction, a TMCC CAB-1 command, or with Conventional Mode roof-mounted switches
- Pantograph lock-down prevents accidental operation on layouts with low clearances
- RailSounds 5.0 sound system with new intelligible CrewTalk dialog and more TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- ALL-NEW RailSounds 5.0 effects simulate the raising and lowering of the pantographs, perfectly synchronized with each operation
- Adjust the blower RPM independent of locomotive speed via a CAB-1 command
- MultiHorn effect realistically varies the horn blast with each press of the button
- Independently adjustable volume control—lower the level of background effects such as the blower with the CAB-1 Remote Controller while keeping operator-controlled effects such as the horn at full volume
- Many operator-controlled effects including CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements are accessible in Conventional Transformer Control Mode
- Dual FatBoy speakers for the ultimate in sound reproduction
- ALL-NEW Realistic steam generator blow-off—a plume of smoke erupts from the stack with a TMCC CAB-1 command
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
- Directional LED headlights
- ALL-NEW Directional marker lights illuminate on the end opposite of the active headlight
- Illuminated number boards
- Die-cast metal body and trucks
- Front and rear ElectroCouplers
- Traction tires
- Accurate separately applied builder's plates
- Illuminated front cab interior
- Engineer and fireman figures in front cab
- Opening side doors, end doors and roof hatches
- Removable roof panel reveals all controls for easy adjustments without having to remove the GG1 from the track
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product