Pere Marquette Berkshire #1225
In 2004, #1225 became known worldwide as the Berkshirelocomotive featured in the instant-classic Christmas film,The Polar Express. More than inspiration, blueprints of theex-Pere Marquette steam engine and tender were used asprototypes for the animated locomotive’s design elements,and actual sounds of the #1225 were utilized in the film.Additionally, to the delight of the public, the actual #1225operated on excursions in 2004 with the Pere Marquettetender repainted “Polar Express”.
Lionel proudly offers a reissue of the scale-sized and accuratelydetailed Pere Marquette Berkshire #1225 equippedwith the best features including the LEGACY Control Systemand Odyssey II Speed Control. The Pere Marquette locomotiveis perfect for pulling the new scale Polar Expresspassenger cars. Add the tender of your choice to this locomotive to complete your package.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
2-8-4 Berkshire / Scale LEGACY Manual
- SKU: 6-11203
- Dimensions: Length: 16"
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 979.99
- year: 2009
- rail line: Pere Marquette
- Minimum Radius: O-54
- Catalog Year: 2010
- Catalog Title: Lionel Signature Edition Volume One 2010
- Road Number: 1225
- Legacy Control System equipped–able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Odyssey II Speed Control with ON-OFF switch
- Prototypical four chuffs per revolution
- Simulate the load running light or battling against a heavy laod by manually adjusting the DynaChuff intensity with Cab-2 commands
- High-torque Pittman® motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and separate-sale tender
- Operating headlight and classification lights
- Illuminated number boards
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, frame, and trucks
- Scale front coupler with interchangeable O gauge coupler for double heading
- Two traction tires
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit with adjustable smoke output
- Separately applied metal details
- Accurate, separately-applied builder's plates
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Variable ashpan glow
- Glass in cab windows
- Engineer and fireman figures
- Standard O Scale - not made to run with Traditional-sized Polar Express cars and locomotive
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product