Pilot LEGACY Scale 4-8-4 GS-6
Pilot Locomotives - Undecorated Beauties
Produced in limited numbers, Lionel “pilot” engines are finalized with no decoration applied. It’s a unique way to appreciate the fine form of your favorite engine, examine it’s many separately-applied realistic details, and to elevate your locomotive to true collector’s status.?A special clear coating is applied to the metal on these fully operable, undecorated engines to protect them for years to come.
GS Series Steam Locomotives
Introduced in 1937, the Southern Pacific’s Daylight trains became some of the most heavily traveled routes in the country. Cars and locomotives received a brilliant livery of orange, red and silver. Streamlined, state of the art 4-8-4 locomotives dubbed the GS -2 class became the very first preferred power for these prestigious runs.
A near copy of the GS -2 was produced again in 1943 for both the Southern Pacific and Western Pacific. These 4-8-4s were unstreamlined due to wartime material shortages. Whether classed GS-6 on the SP or GS-64 on the WP, the locomotives performed admirably in freight and passenger service.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
- SKU: 6-11418
- Dimensions: Length: 28"
- Gauge: O Gauge
- price: 1299.99
- year: 2013
- rail line: Undercorated
- Minimum Radius: O-42 / O-54 Recommended
- Scale: Scale
- Power: Electric
- Catalog Year: 2012
- Road Number: None
- Engine: Steam
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:-CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped-Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog-Eight diesel RPM levels-LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Horn" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds-Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive-Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Sensor equipped
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCoupler</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Traction tires
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and frame
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Flickering firebox in cab
- Cab glass windows
- Engineer and fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product