Pilot LEGACY Scale H7 Class 2-8-8-2 Steam Locomotive
First built for the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway in 1924, the H-7 2-8-8-2 articulated became the mainline freighter of choice through the 1930s. The H-7 Class was the first fleet of simple articulated steam locomotives in America and influenced later designs such as the Challenger and Allegheny. Even with the advent of more modern power, the H-7 class served on the C&O through the end of steam in the 1950s.
Some of these "Simple Simons" even worked far away from their eastern origins. During World War II, the Union Pacific purchased 30 of these steamers from the C&O. Equipped with big 21|000 gallon tenders, the H-7's fought up Sherman Hill with Challengers and Big Boys.
Pilot engines are fully operable and finished with no decoration applied
It's a unique way to appreciate the fine form of your favorite engine, examine it's many separately-applied realistic details, and to elevate your locomotive to true collector's status. A special clear coating is applied to the metal on these undecorated engines to protect them for years to come.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
- SKU: 6-11401
- Dimensions: Length: 30"
- Gauge: O Gauge
- price: 1349.99
- year: 2014
- rail line: Undercorated
- Minimum Radius: O72
- Scale: Scale
- Power: Electric
- Road Number: None
- Engine: Steam
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:-CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped-Six official railroad speeds with Crew-Talk dialog-DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed-LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds-Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive-Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Sensor equipped
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheels
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCouplers</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Traction tire
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Glowing firebox in cab
- Glowing ashpan
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer/Fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product