Union Pacific LEGACY 3GS21B Genset Switcher #2701
The first railroad to pioneer the use of the Genset switcher, Union rolled out this environmentally-friendly motive power locomotive in 2007. Built by the National Railway Equipment Company, this engine emits 80% fewer pollutants into the air, uses far less fuel than similar switchers, and meets the government’s most stringent regulatory noise level requirements.
What allows this Genset to be so environmentally friendly is its ingenious construction. There are three separate 700-h.p. generator sets (or Gen-sets) underneath the loco hood, each towered by its own exhaust stack. These engines can operate independently, in a pair, or all three at once depending on how much power the locomotive needs at any given time. They also utilize an ingenious “sleep time” technology: When idling, only one of three engines stays active, and when sitting for too long all three engines shut down automatically at a pre-programmed time. Each engine also restarts automatically during shutdowns to circulate coolants that protect the engines.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
VISION 3GS21B GENSET MANUAL
- SKU: 6-28314
- Dimensions: Length: Approx 16"
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 799.99
- year: 2009
- rail line: Union Pacific
- Minimum Radius: O-42 /O-54 recommended
- Catalog Year: 2009
- Catalog Title: Lionel 2009 Volume II
- Road Number: 2701
- Three Independently Operating Engines! Simulated "Sleep-Technology!
- The simulated "mode shuts down all idling engine sounds after a set period of inactivity–just like the real engine
- Unparalleled Detailing and Lighting
- The Die-cast Union Pacific Genset Switcher offers enhanced interior cab realism, and an unprecedented level of body detailing and separately applied parts:
- Opening compartment doors reveal hidden details
- Superior level of realistic body detail and separately applied metal parts
- Realistic open vents
- Opening and closing exhaust stack covers synchronized with smoke exhaust output
- Decorated cab interior with enhanced panel detail
- Enhanced realistic lighting in cab interior
- Directional lighting including dual LED headlights on front and rear
- Oscillating ditch lights on front
- Illuminated number boards
- Ground lights on sides
- Die-cast metal body
- Die-cast metal trucks, pilot, and fuel tank
- Metal frame
- Enhanced Sound Features!
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system synchronizes realistic sounds to nearly all aspects of locomotive operation, features, and effects. Just look at how many ways you can enhance the sound experience:
- Independently adjustable volume control allows you to use the Remote Controller to lower the level of background effects (such as RPM levels) while keeping operator controlled effects (such as the horn) at full volume.
- Multi-levels of realistic engine sounds depending on whether one, two, or three simulated Genset engines are in use
- Eight diesel RPM levels
- <b>TruRail Dialog</b> – Activate our upgraded dialog features which boasts the realistic dialog scenes and the most authentic railroad terminology possible. Also, dialog scenes can change with engine operation and user control
- <b>TruRail Signals</b> – Activate the "quilling" horn and user playable bell featuring continuous or single strike sounds with variable intensity. There's a dedicated CAB-2 control for both horn and bell functions.
- And all the high-end features you've come to expect from Lionel:
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> – You can run the engine in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with ON/OFF switch
- High-torque motor with momentum flywheel
- Front and rear <b>ElectroCouplers</b>
- Traction tires
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Engineer and fireman figures
- Environmentally-friendly packaging
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product