Union Pacific LEGACY Scale 4-12-2 Steam Locomotive #9000 (Greyhound Scheme)
The Union Pacific giant 4-12-2 returns to the Lionel roster!The three-cylinder 4-12-2 design used a pair of conventional cylinders that powered the third driving axle while an additional cylinder, mounted in the locomotive frame, drove the second axle. True to the prototype, the Lionel 4-12-2 includes detailed Gresley valve gear in front of the third cylinder and an operational, reciprocating third drive rod in the locomotive frame.
Almost 90 locomotives of this type were built by ALCo by 1930. Of these enormous locomotives, the #9000 is preserved in Pomona, California.
Lionel offers the 4-12-2 locomotives in its early and standard liveries, and also imagines the locomotive painted in the striking greyhound scheme.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
LEGACY 4-12-2 3-CYLINDER MANUAL 3/12
4-12-2 LEGACY 3-Cylinder Product Video
- SKU: 6-11344
- Dimensions: Length: 29”
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 1299.99
- year: 2012
- rail line: Union Pacific
- Minimum Radius: O-72
- Catalog Year: 2012
- Catalog Title: Lionel 2012 Volume 2
- Road Number: 9000
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Realistic <b>Whistle Steam</b> smoke effects
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:-Crewtalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped-Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog-DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed-LEGACY Real-Time 'Quilling Whistle' control with instant response for realistic signature 'quilling' and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous bell sounds-Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive-Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCoupler</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Marker lights on tender
- Lighted number boards
- Traction tires
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Flickering firebox
- Variable ashpan glow
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer and fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product