Weathered Virginian LEGACY USRA 2-8-8-2 Y-3 Steam Locomotive #737
Hand Weathered for a Touch of Realism
Faded lettering, mud, dirt, dust, and rust are just a few of daily issues all engines face on the tracks. Our new weathered engines are done by hand in the USA by train enthusiast and expert Harry Hieke. He brings over 20 years of experience and personally details and weathers each locomotive.
Norfolk & Western Power from Coast to Coast
In 1919, the American Locomotive Company built forty-five 2-8-8-2 steam locomotives to the specifications of the United States Railway Administration. These locomotives were the biggest that the USRA had ever designed and were destined for the Norfolk & Western Railway. After almost a quarter century on the Norfolk & Western, nineteen Y-3 locomotives were sold to other railroads at the behest of the federal government, including the Union Pacific and Santa Fe. In 1947, the Santa Fe found a buyer for its 1790-class when the Virginian Railway purchased seven of the locomotives.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
- SKU: 6-82486
- Dimensions: Length: 30"
- Gauge: O Gauge
- price: 1449.99
- year: 2014
- rail line: Virginian
- Minimum Radius: O72
- Scale: Scale
- Power: Electric
- Catalog Year: 2014
- Road Number: 737
- Engine: Steam
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – able to run in LEGACY Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:-CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped-Six official railroad speeds with Crew-Talk dialog-DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed-LEGACY "Real-Time Quilling Whistle" control with instant response for realistic signature "quilling" and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds-Sequence Control plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive-Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Sensor equipped
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheels
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCouplers</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Traction tire
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Synchronized fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Glowing firebox in cab
- Glowing ashpan
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer/Fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product