Western & Atlantic 0-4-0 Steam Locomotive #1897
Made famous in part by the Lionel Postwar General passenger series, in real life this historic railroad operated in the Georgia and Tennessee region beginning in 1836. The railroad was also famous for the “Great Locomotive Chase” during a military raid in the Civil War era.
Today, W&A is still in operation through the State of Georgia and CSX railroad. Lionel is pleased to offer an assortment of new cars under the Western & Atlantic Railroad roadname and a classic steam locomotive to pull them.
- Smoke Unit
- SKU: 6-38687
- Dimensions: Length: 15”
- Gauge: Traditional O Gauge
- price: 189.99
- year: 0
- rail line: Western & Atlantic
- Minimum Radius: O-27
- Catalog Year: 2011
- Catalog Title: Lionel 2011 Ready-To-Run
- Road Number: 1897
- Transformer controlled forward, neutral, and reverse operation
- Electronic steam whistle
- Operating headlight
- Puffing smoke unit
- Front and rear operating couplers
- Powerful maintenance-free motor
- Traction tires
- Die-cast metal locomotive body and frame
- Die-cast metal tender trucks and frame
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product