Wheeling & Lake Erie LEGACY Scale 2-6-6-2 Mallet #8002
Commissioned in 1917 by order of President Woodrow Wilson, the United States Railroad Administration (USRA) was charged to organize the efforts of America’s railroads as they provided needed supplies for the war. After World War I, the goals of the USRA were shifted to the following commerce-related endeavors: standardize design for speed of construction, standardize components, reduce part shortages and cut railroad costs. Embracing this concept, the Chesapeake & Ohio and Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroads ordered the USRA 2-6-6-2 Mallet.
The first Mallet was delivered to the W&LE in 1919 for the grand price of $71,966.94. Later, Nickel Plate leased Mallets from the W&LE and renumbered them for use on the NPR rails. Featuring the LEGACY Control System and the realistic Whistle Steam smoke effect, all locomotives are on schedule for a December 2011 shipment! The C&O locomotives are available in both original USRA and standard lettering, and an additional locomotive is offered in N&W dress with enhancements to the smokebox.
- LEGACY Control System
- Smoke Unit
- Wireless Tether
- Odyssey System II
- LEGACY RailSounds
LEGACY 2-6-6-2 MALLET MANUAL 11/11
Mallet 2-6-6-2 LEGACY Product Video
- SKU: 6-11323
- Dimensions: Length: 26-1/2"
- Gauge: Standard O Scale
- price: 1299.99
- year: 2011
- rail line: Wheeling & Lake Erie
- Minimum Radius: O-54
- Catalog Year: 2012
- Catalog Title: Lionel 2012 Signature Edition
- Road Number: 8002
- <b>LEGACY Control System</b> equipped – able to run in Legacy Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Realistic <b>Whistle Steam</b> smoke effect
- <b>Odyssey II Speed Control</b> with On/Off switch
- <b>LEGACY RailSounds</b> sound system featuring:
- -CrewTalk dialog and TowerCom announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped -Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog -DynaChuff synchronized chuffing that shifts through 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed-LEGACY Real-Time 'Quilling Whistle' control with instant response for realistic signature 'quilling' and correctly timed warning signals-Single hit or continuous bell sounds
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- <b>Wireless Tether</b> connection between locomotive and tender
- <b>ElectroCoupler</b> on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back-up light on rear of tender
- Illuminated classification lights on the front of locomotive
- Traction tire
- Interior illumination in cab
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot, and trucks
- Die-cast metal tender body and trucks
- High level of separately applied metal details
- Separately applied builder's plates
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Authentically detailed cab interior
- Glowing firebox in cab
- Glowing ashpan
- Cab window "glass"
- Engineer/Fireman figures
Find the latest manuals in our support section.
Buy any replacement parts in our support section.
Contact a service station to fix your product