LIONEL LEGACY UPGRADE
Version 1.2 now available
Lionel is pleased to announce the release of Lionel LEGACY Control System upgrade version 1.2. This upgrade will enable users to access a whole new menu of LEGACY features (see below) and will enhance your enjoyment of this revolutionary operating system.
However, in order access these particular features, you must return your LEGACY Bases and Remote to Lionel – the Memory Modules alone will not upgrade your current system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause our valued customers and we assure you that when we release future upgrades, returning the system will not be necessary. These upgrades will be accessible by inserting Memory Modules.
To facilitate the upgrading process, we are asking that LEGACY users and Lionel dealers with LEGACY sets on their shelves to do the following:
· Register for a Return Authorization Number by logging on to our dedicated on-line LEGACY Upgrade RA number page at http://www.lionel.com/legacyupgrade. (This page will automatically generate a unique RA number for you to return your base for upgrade.)
o We have included a Frequently Asked Question link to this page that outlines answers to most of your questions; please refer to that page before contacting Lionel Customer Service with questions.
o Once you have submitted the required information, a Return Authorization number will be displayed and emailed to you. After that, all correspondence related to your upgrade will be sent via email updating the status and tracking number upon completion. (We have implemented this process to reduce the call volume, so we can complete your upgrades in a timely manner while providing real time tracking of each set sent for upgrade.)
o If you cannot access the Internet, please call Lionel Customer Service at 586-949-4100 extension 9105 Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm EDT to request an RA number for your LEGACY set.
· Once you have received your Return Authorization number, we ask that you write that RA number on the outside of the package and ship your LEGACY Base and Remote to:
o Lionel (Attn: Mike Reagan)
· The LEGACY upgrades will not be executed in our Michigan facility. If your set is shipped to Michigan, it will not be accepted and your package will be returned. All LEGACY bases and remotes MUST be shipped to our Ohio facility to have the upgrade performed.
· PLEASE NOTE: If your LEGACY Base has a silver dot on the bottom in the FCC compliance block, and your CAB-2 remote has a silver dot inside the battery compartment, you do NOT need to send your base in for upgrade. However, you will need the version 1.2 memory modules and the new version 1.2 manual. Contact Lionel Customer Service at 586-949-4100 ext 9105 and request part number 610-4295-900 be mailed to you directly free of charge – but ONLY if your base and remote have the silver dot indicator.
This upgrade does not require you to send your 6-24294 LEGACY remote/charger Expansion sets to us. These can be upgraded using the memory modules that we are returning with the LEGACY Base and Remote.
We apologize for this inconvenience and want to reassure our valued customers that this is only a one-time process. Future software upgrades will be handled using memory modules only, mailed directly to the address you supply to us.
Again, we want to encourage all end users (customers who have purchased the LEGACY Control System for personal or commercial use) to register their LEGACY set by visiting http://www.lionel.com/RegisterLegacy. This is the only method we have in place to track LEGACY users for future upgrades.
If you are unable to access the Internet, please call Lionel Customer Service at 586-949-4100 ext 9105 Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm EDT for assistance in registering on-line.
Thank you for your continued patronage and support.
Director of Customer Service
Lionel LEGACY Control System Version 1.2 Features
Below is a list of improvements and corrections LEGACY users will receive:
· Improved scrolling capabilities
Scroll features now have the ability to scroll forward and backward.
· Alphabetical engine look-up table
· Improved scrolling speeds
· New back light “always on” option
The central train control menu now has a backlight “always on” option. This allows the operator to have the backlight always on while the user is running their locomotives.
· New sleep mode option
The central train control menu now has a menu that allows the operator to select the amount of time the cab will stay active, from one hour up to four hours. This allows the operator to come back at a later time and just tap any button to start running without waiting for the system to boot up.
· New feature allowing scroll button to work at welcome screen
· Update module V1.2 will not over write saved data in the system
When loading the 1.2 modules, all data in system stays intact.
· Improved load engine module save data
· Improved train clear option
· Corrected multiple engine speed graph undesired change issue
· Corrected base not found issue
· Improved route builder screen interface
· Improved route zero operation
· Improved left/right hand switch builder function in the route builder screens
· Corrected lost base channel memory
Base now retains base selected channel.
· Corrected train build/Cab-1 mode default
PLEASE NOTE: Once your base and remote have been upgraded, Lionel will individually test each base/remote set and return them along with a newly printed version 1.2 LEGACY instruction manual and two new version 1.2 memory modules.